The horrible weather we have been having this year, has me dreaming about moving back to Hawaii! The trade winds to cool you. The sweetest pineapples to tantalize your taste buds. And of course the gorgeous views…..
I can just imagine sitting on the beach writing this post on my imaginary laptop while sipping a Mai Tai :) When I dream, I dream big!
Just about every meal in Hawaii, is served with Hawaiian potato salad. Everyone has their own version, but one thing always remains the same. They always contain potatoes AND macaroni…..and peas!
I made this version of potato salad to go with my Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches……
It also went really well with the Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Chicken…..
I am also going to share a tip with you for dicing hard boiled eggs, I let my egg slicer to do all of the work for me…..
Voila!!! This potato salad is so easy and a nice way to change things up. I guarantee that no one is going to be expecting macaroni in their potato salad!
This recipe will be partying at these link parties!
Hawaiian Potato Salad
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 Pounds potatoes (peeled, cooked, chopped)
- 1 cup shell macaroni, dry (cooked, drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Large hard-boiled eggs (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas (defrosted)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 sweet pickles (coarsely chopped, optional)