This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Now that the pink holiday is over with, we can move on to one of my favorite holidays, you know the green one ..... St Patrick's Day! My plans for a St Patrick's Day party have been foiled yet again this year by spring break, but I will not let that stop the fun...or this amazing Guinness Barbecue Sauce recipe from happening.....
I will be making and sharing my favorite Irish recipes with you up until the big day. It will be more like a month long blog party, and you can join in and make these same recipes at home for your friends and family. Rest assured, these recipes have been tried out multiple times before I share them with you. They have to be perfect, or we keep eating the same thing over and over again until it reaches the level of "you can make this anytime!"
This week's posts will be showcasing the absolutely fabulous Guinness Barbecue Ribs...YUM!!! I have been a huge fan of pork ribs my entire life, and you may have noticed that I love cooking with Guinness beer. When you put those two ingredients together.....Perfection. Do not for a moment think that this sauce is only to be used on ribs, oh no no no. This is a barbecue sauce to be used on chicken, salmon, burgers, with steak, basically anything you can get your hands on!
How to make Guinness Barbecue Sauce:
Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
So today we start with the wonderful Guinness Barbecue Sauce, and then I will create all the recipes that can go with it!!
More delicious Guinness recipes:
- Guinness Steak Pie - topped with puff pastry
- Guinness Burgers
- Barbecue Ribs - shown above
- Chili - stove-top or Instant Pot
- Glazed Salmon - using this Guinness Glaze
- Beef Stew with Guinness Biscuits
- Guinness Gingerbread
- Beer-Braised Chicken Thighs
- Guinness Beef with Herb Dumplings
Guinness Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 11.2 ounce bottle Guinness Draught
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Guinness the word, the harp logo, and the signature are all registered trademarks. I do not work for them, and I am not paid by them to use their beer in my recipes. I just really, really like cooking with it!
- Feel free to use whatever Irish stout that you would like, this is merely my suggestion.