Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs
This Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs is not just for hot dogs! It is just as delicious on baked potatoes, nachos, and even pizza.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced, sweet yellow onion
- 5 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 pounds 80/20 grass-fed, ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 29 ounce can tomato puree, or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste (doubled-concentrated if possible}
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the ground beef, stirring to break it apart, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pour over hot dogs, nachos, burgers, or even pizza and serve.