Instant Pot Bacon-Cheddar Egg Bites
Start your day off right with these easy to make, easy to take Instant Pot Bacon-Cheddar Egg Bites!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Pressure Release5 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 7 Servings
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened CashewMilk)
- 7 slices un-cured bacon (cooked but still pliable)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Add the eggs, milk, grated cheese, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
Spray the egg bites silicone mold with cooking spray or coconut oil. Fold one slice of cooked bacon in half and place in each of the 7 egg mold cups.
Divide the egg mixture between the cups.
Wrap with foil or place the plastic lid on top of the silicone egg mold. Do not completely secure the lid, just lay it on top.
Pour 1 cup of water into the liner of your pressure cooker and add the trivet. Carefully place the filled silicone mold on top of the trivet.
Secure the lid, make sure the steam knob is in the “Sealing” position. Press the “Steam” button and adjust the time to 8 minutes using the + and – buttons.
When the pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 5 to 10 minutes). Carefully remove the Egg Bites from the Instant Pot and allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
Hold the mold over the wire rack and gently push the egg bites out. If you hold it at an angle or press too hard, you may end up with cracks.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to a month.
- I used Unsweetened CashewMilk, but whole, 2%, or coconutmilk would also work.
- Look for a Sharp Cheddar that has been aged more than 9 months for lactose-free, or choose your favorite cheese. Gruyere would also be an excellent choice with the bacon.
- Bacon is very salty, so I did not add additional salt to the recipe.
- You could also chop the bacon into smaller bite-sized pieces instead of leaving it whole if you prefer.
- The nutritional breakdown is calculated with whole milk and regular bacon.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 120mg | Vitamin A: 375IU | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 0.8mg