Apricot Ginger Chicken Wings
These Apricot Ginger Chicken Wings are baked not fried, super easy to prepare, and crazy delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/8 cup crystallized ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic (smashed and peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if like it spicy)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 pounds chicken wings
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and coat with olive oil spray. Set aside.
Combine the preserves, ginger, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a food processor.
Process/Pulse until the ginger and garlic are finely chopped. Stir in the vinegar (remove the blade first).
Cut the wings at the joints and discard the tips.
Place the wings on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with 1/2 of the glaze mixture.
Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Grab some napkins and a drink and dig in!
- Some stores sell bags of drumettes and/or wings that have already been separated. This is a time saver if you can find them.
- I used Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves.
- Crystallized ginger can usually be found in the bulk bin aisle or the baking section.
- Serving size is based on 4 pieces per person. 3 pounds of chicken wings can vary between 13 to 17. It all depends on the size of the individual wings that are included in the package
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 286mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.7mg