Huli Huli Chicken Wings
These Huli Huli Chicken Wings are a fun twist on an island favorite that your guests will love!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
Huli Huli Marinade
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons sherry (substitute pineapple juice)
- 2 Tablspoons brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt (optional)
- 3 pounds chicken wings (Cut the wings at the joints and discard the tips)
Pour all of the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
Place the chicken wings in a large zipper top bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and coat with olive oil spray. Set aside.
Remove the chicken from the bag and shake off the excess marinade. Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and turn the wings over using tongs. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Some stores sell bags of drumettes and/or wings that have already been separated. This is a time saver if you can find them.
- Flip the bag of chicken wings over 2 or 3 times while they are marinating to evenly coat both sides with flavor.
- The nutritional information for this recipe is not correct! Not all of the marinade will be consumed, it is just to flavor the chicken wings.
- Throw away the marinade after you remove the chicken wings.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 931mg | Potassium: 343mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6.6% | Vitamin C: 5.6% | Calcium: 2.2% | Iron: 11.3%