Pasta al Tonno
This classic Italian Pasta al Tonno is the perfect light meal that comes together in minutes with items in your pantry!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 Ounces pasta cooked and drained (I used linguine)
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large clove garlic minced
- 1 Small shallot minced
- 2 anchovies
- crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 14.5 Ounce crushed or diced* tomatoes
- 6 to 7 Ounce tuna packed in olive oil drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the garlic, shallot, and anchovies to the skillet. Cook, while stirring, for one minute.
Add the tomatoes and chili pepper flakes (if using) and simmer for 15 minutes, reducing heat if necessary.
Stir in tuna and remove from heat.
Add the drained pasta and most of the parsley. Toss to combine.
Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
- If you use diced tomatoes, smash them in the pan as they cook to break them apart
- Use Italian tuna if you can find it!!
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 448mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 14.4mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2.4mg