Wrapped in warm tortillas and stuffed with flavorful chicken, onion, and bell pepper strips, Chicken Fajitas are a Mexican classic!
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 medium limes finely grated zest and juice
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large yellow onions
- 3 large bell peppers 1 red, 1 yellow or orange, and 1 green
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- guacamole salsa, sour cream/Greek yogurt (to serve)
- 12 Fajita sized flour tortillas
Slice chicken breasts into 3/4 inch wide strips and place them in a large bowl.
Add the lime zest and juice, sugar, oregano, cayenne and cinnamon. Mix together, and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Thinly slice the onions.
Core, seed, and slice the bell peppers into 1/2 inch strips.
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Stir-fry the marinated chicken for 5 - 6 minutes.
Add the onions and bell peppers and cook for an additional 3 - 4 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are soft and tender.
Place the chicken fajitas in a large serving bowl.
Serve with heated tortillas, guacamole, sour cream / Greek yogurt, and fresh salsa.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2695IU | Vitamin C: 116.2mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 3.2mg