Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce - slightly sweet,slightly spicy, definitely delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 20 Servings
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup cherry concentrate not juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
Place all sauce ingredients into a medium sauce pan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Allow to cool, and pour into a clean container and store in the refrigerator.
- I used the adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers. If you would like more heat, puree the peppers and add them to the sauce.
- Serving size equals 2 Tablespoons. This recipe makes approximately 2 1/2 cups of sauce/ 20 ounces.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 100mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.4mg