Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
This Sugar Free BBQ Sauce is gluten-free and Keto friendly while being incredibly delicious. It is perfect on burgers, chicken and ribs!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 16 Servings
- 15 ounce can sugar free tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/32 teaspoon powdered stevia a pinch
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce I used Red Boat
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper If unsure, use less to start and add more if you need more heat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Add all of the sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve and the sauce to thicken.
Allow sauce to cool before pouring into a container to store in the refrigerator, or use immediately.
- This sauce will not caramelize the same way that a sugary sauce will when placed under the broiler.
- I used a combination of erythritol/monkfruit and stevia to round out their flavors.
- Stevia alone is too bitter, and I needed the bulk of the erythritol to blend with the sauce.
- This sauce should last 7 days in the refrigerator, maybe more.
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 108mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.5mg