Easy Blender Bearnaise Sauce
This Easy Blender Bearnaise Sauce has all the flavors of the classic French sauce, with simplified preparation techniques that anyone can master!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely minced tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter* melted (sizzling hot)
- 3 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
Combine the wine, vinegar, tarragon, shallot, and pepper in a small sauce pan. Gently simmer until all liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
Melt butter over low heat, or in the microwave until sizzling hot. Pour into a spouted measuring cup.
Place the shallot mixture in the bottom of a narrow glass container.
Add the egg yolks and lemon juice to the mixture.
Place the immersion blender on the bottom of the container and blend to combine the egg yolks with the mixture.
Very slowly pour the melted butter down the side of the container while blending to thoroughly combine. Mixture will start to thicken, and will be bubbly.
Stir in the parsley and add salt if needed.
Store unused sauce in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Carefully reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Use clarified butter or ghee for paleo
- This recipe makes approximately 1 cup of sauce.
Calories: 130kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 25mg | Vitamin A: 12.4% | Vitamin C: 3.5% | Calcium: 1.8% | Iron: 2.1%