No one will leave the table hungry when they are served this hearty, Chef's Salad. It is perfect for lunch or dinner and the whole family will love it.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 cups Romaine and Boston lettuce chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 cup French dressing divided - or dressing of your choice
- 1/2 cup ham cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup beef roast beef or steak - cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup chicken cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese or Gruyere - cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cut into julienne strips
- 2 hard boiled eggs cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup black olives optional
- 1/2 cup Parmesan crisps optional - substitute croutons if desired
Start with a selection of chopped lettuce, I used Romaine and Butter Lettuces.
Place the washed lettuces and 1/2 cup of dressing in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Divide the lettuce among 4 large serving plates/bowls.
Arrange the strips cheeses and meats, egg wedges, and avocado, like the spokes of a wheel, on top of each salad.
Scatter the cherry tomato halves, cucumber slices and Parmesan crisps/croutons over the top of the salads.
Season with black pepper and serve with additional dressing. Or, you can toss all the toppings haphazardly across the lettuce and call it good.
- Ham, beef and chicken/turkey are traditionally used but feel free to get creative.
- I used a combination of Gruyere and White Cheddar cheeses because that is what I had on hand. Swiss and orange Cheddar would be traditional. (omit for Whole30)
- I used Parmesan crisps instead of the traditional croutons.
- Chef’s Salad is traditionally served with French Dressing (recipe coming soon), but any dressing will work.
- This Chef's Salad is 16 net carbs calculated with traditional French dressing. My sugar-free French Dressing has 1 carb.
Calories: 738kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 1240mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 9420IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 429mg | Iron: 3.4mg