This Mediterranean Chicken recipe is packed with flavor, incredibly healthy and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 equal portions
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes 8 ounce jar drained and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts 12 ounce jar or can drained and roughly chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced, black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- sliced fresh basil or parsley
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until they start to soften, about 3 or 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly for an additional minute.
Mix the salt, pepper, oregano and basil together in a small bowl.
Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the chicken breasts.
Place the chicken breasts in the skillet, sprinkle with the remaining seasoning and cook for 5 minutes.
Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the artichokes, tomatoes, lemon juice and zest.
Wiggle the vegetables down into the crevices. Add the spinach leaves, again stirring to get it down into the skillet.
Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes, and the chicken is cooked through. (165 degrees)
Serve garnished with sliced olives, feta cheese and chopped fresh basil.
- Substitute 1 1/2 cups diced, fresh tomatoes for the sun-dried if desired.
- If you like things spicy, add crushed red pepper flakes to the seasoning.
- Substitute chopped Italian Parsley if fresh Basil is not available.
- For Whole30 & Paleo omit the Feta cheese. Sprinkle with Nutritional Dry Yeast for a cheesy flavor.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1276mg | Potassium: 1801mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 3795IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 5.3mg