Creamy Pumpkin Soup
This thick and creamy pumpkin soup is simple to make using canned pumpkin puree with just a hint of heat! A simple recipe with delicious results.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 29 ounces solid-pack pumpkin 2 - 14.5 ounce cans, not pumpkin pie filling
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk the kind in a can, shaken
- 6 Tablespoons Greek yogurt or sour cream to garnish - omit for dairy-free
- 3 slices uncured bacon thick-sliced, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one additional minute.
Next add the salt, pepper, and chipotle powder, and stir to combine.
Add the pumpkin, stock, and apple cider. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in the heavy cream/coconut milk. Puree soup in a blender or strain to remove onions.
Garnish with sour cream/Greek yogurt, bacon crumbles, and pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 734mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 21374IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4mg