Traditional Pina Colada Recipe
We are going old school with this Traditional Pina Colada Recipe using fresh pineapple juice, cream of coconut, rum and a touch of cream!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 Serving
- 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces freshly pressed pineapple juice substitute Dole canned pineapple juice if fresh is not available
- 1 ounce Coco Lopez cream of coconut
- 2 ounces white rum like Bacardi Silver or Superior
Remove the top of the pineapple, then cut it into 4 wedges trying to avoid the center.
Slice the flesh away from the outside of the pineapple and cut into chunks.
Place the chunks into a large measuring cup or bowl and smash with a potato masher to release the juice.
Pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove the crushed bits of pineapple.
Pour the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, rum, crushed ice and heavy cream into a blender.
Place the lid on the blender and puree for 15 seconds.
Pour into a Poco Grande glass and serve garnished with a fresh pineapple wedge and straw.
- You will need 1 large pineapple to get 6 ounces of juice. Substitute Dole canned pineapple juice if not available.
- This cocktail can also be served in a hurricane glass.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 417IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg