This chocolate covered Grinch Popcorn is so delicious that you might find it hard to share, but you will because you are no Grinch!!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 15 Servings
- 15 cups popped popcorn about 1 cup before popping
- 12 ounce package Wilton® Vibrant Green Candy Melts
- 4 ounces Wilton® Bright Green Candy Melts
- 2 Tablespoons lime green jimmies
- 2 Tablespoons jumbo red hearts
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolates in holiday colors optional
Place the popped popcorn into a LARGE bowl, set aside.
Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH for one minute, stir and heat for an additional minute. Stir and continue heating and stirring in 15 second intervals until the candy is melted and smooth.
Pour over the popcorn and gently stir to completely cover.
Add the candy coated chocolates if using, stir to combine.
Spread the popcorn mixture out on a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle with the jumbo red hearts and lime green jimmies.
Set aside to cool completely, then break apart and serve.
- If you cannot find the Bright Green candy melts, I would probably try 14 ounces of vibrant and 2 ounces of dark and see how it looks. You can always add more melts one by one until you get the color that you want.
- I have a 1000 watt microwave, so you may need to adjust your melting times based on your own oven.
- If it is hot where you live and your chocolate arrives melted, simply place it on a flat surface and resist the urge to play with it, lol
- Make sure you use a MASSIVE bowl to stir the popcorn. Mine is an old Tupperware Thatsa Bowl I believe??
- I did not stir in the jumbo heart sprinkles because they are pretty delicate and I did not wan them to break apart.
- I bought the mini bucket from Zulily a couple of years ago…just in case you were wondering.
Calories: 722kcal | Carbohydrates: 136g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 5mg