Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens
Jazz up date night with these delicious Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens served on a bed of Rice Pilaf, for a fancy yet easy to prepare meal.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cornish game hens (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Start by tying the legs together, if desired, and season all sides with salt and pepper.
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet, in a preheated 375 degree oven, breast side up for one hour.
While your game hens are cooking, mix the glaze ingredients together and set aside
Brush/baste the game hens with the glaze during the last 20 minutes, then again during the last ten. They are done when the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
Remove from oven and serve with Rice Pilaf or side of your choice.
- I baked my Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens on a Quarter Sheet Baking Pan.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or quadrupled if needed.
- It is also a good idea to turn you pan when you baste for more even browning.
- All ovens cook differently, using a thermometer is the best way to tell when they are done. This is the Instant Read Thermometer that I use.
Calories: 1040kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 78g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 455mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 1062mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 4mg