Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Thighs
Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Carrots is a simple and delicious meal that is perfect any night of the week!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
Cooking with Curls Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 teaspoons coconut or date sugar, optional
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Chicken & Vegetables
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in half
- 16 ounces small carrots, peeled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, sugar*, salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence together and set aside.
Pour oil onto sheet pan and spread it around. Place the chicken, potatoes, and the carrots on the pan. Rub them around in the oil to coat.
Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture over the pan, flip them over and sprinkle the remaining mix over the top. Rub around to make sure they are coated and the chicken is skin side up and the potatoes are cut side down.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to get the skin extra crispy, if desired.
- *I used date sugar as a replacement for brown sugar so I could try to keep this dish Paleo. I know that coconut sugar is Paleo, but I am not positive about the date sugar. I can't find a straight answer anywhere.
- The coconut/date sugar is used to caramelize the seasonings on the skin, not to add sweetness. Leave it out if you are avoiding sweeteners.
- Test the potatoes with a fork or thin knife to see if they are tender. If not, remove the chicken and carrots and cook until the potatoes are done to your liking.