Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
There are only pure, healthy ingredients in this Asian Sesame Chicken Salad and your family will love it! Whole 30 and Paleo compliant with no sugar or soy!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 cups Napa cabbage (chopped or shredded)
- 4 cups green cabbage (chopped or shredded)
- 1 cup red cabbage (chopped or shredded)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 5 green onions (sliced)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Asian Orange-Ginger Dressing
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup rice or balsamic vinegar
- 3 large cloves fresh garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- 2 Tablespoons grated, fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (I used Red Boat)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Combine oil, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and sesame oil in a 1 pint glass jar.
Secure the lid to the jar and shake to thoroughly combine ingredients. Set aside.
In a very large bowl, combine all of the cabbages, carrots, cilantro, and green onions.
Add the chicken, toasted sesame seeds, and toasted almonds to the bowl. Toss to combine.
Drizzle salad with Asian Orange-Ginger Dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Store leftover Dressing in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- I cheated and used packaged, shredded carrots.
- To cook my chicken: I pounded the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap until they were an even thickness. Next, sprinkle both sides with Chinese Five-Spice and cook in a skillet with olive oil until cooked through.
- Rotisserie chicken works really well in this salad as well if you are looking for an even faster meal.
- If you know that you will have leftovers, serve the dressing on the side and store the leftover salad in a large plastic container or zipper top bag.
Calories: 778kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1176mg | Potassium: 1037mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6240IU | Vitamin C: 72.9mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 3.7mg