Grilled Steak Fajitas
You will be shocked when you realize how easy it is to make restaurant-style Grilled Steak Fajitas at home, and your family will love them!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 medium limes (zest and juice)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak
- 2 large yellow onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 large bell peppers (1-red, 1-orange, 1-green) (cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 fajita size tortillas
- guacamole, salsa, shredded lettuce (to garnish)
- optional shredded cheese and sour cream (to garnish)
Mix the lime juice and zest, cayenne, chili powder, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
Add the steak to the bowl, cover and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Slice the onions and bell peppers and place them in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and set aside.
Heat and clean your grill. Spray a light coating of olive oil over the grates and place your marinated steak over high heat.
Cook for 2 minutes, then flip steaks over to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes depending on the thickness of your steaks.
Remove the steaks from the grill, place on a platter and cover with foil.
Place a large cast iron skillet on the grill and allow to heat up, we're going for scorching hot.
Add the onions and bell pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until soft and tender.
Slice the steak against the grain into very thin strips. Add the steak to the hot pan with the bell pepper mixture and toss to combine.
Serve Grilled Steak Fajitas with tortillas, and topped with your choice of toppings - shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese.
- Use flour tortillas for traditional fajitas, cassava flour tortillas for paleo, and lettuce leaves for whole 30.
- Garnishes and Optional ingredients are not included in the Nutrition Facts.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2745IU | Vitamin C: 108.4mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.1mg