Pineapple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Kick up your next BBQ with this sweet and spicy Pineapple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce that packs a punch!!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 16 Servings
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup bourbon (I used Knob Creek)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until thick and reduced by about half.
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Use additional chipotle chili powder for added heat!
- Store in the refrigerator and use within one week.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 199mg | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 2.1% | Vitamin C: 2.8% | Calcium: 3.7% | Iron: 3.3%