Cabernet Barbecue Sauce
This Cabernet Barbecue Sauce will take your ribs and steaks to a whole new level of yumminess!!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 16 Servings
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Cabernet Savignon (or any deep, red wine)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (I like to use chipotle chili powder)
Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes, until reduced by about half.
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 105mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.3mg