This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
The calendar says that it is fall, and my brain knows that it is fall, but my stomach says it's not in the mood for fall foods. While everyone else is preparing holiday recipes, I just can't seem to get in the mood. It's no secret that I do not like turkey so maybe that has something to do with it.....but I was craving ribs and decided to create a Cabernet Barbecue Sauce to go on top.....
Wow, they turned out even better than I expected! The Cabernet Barbecue Sauce is tangy, slightly sweet, and pairs perfectly with pork ribs and steaks. I know this because I tried it out on a NY strip last night. 😉 If you do not have a Cabernet Savignon on hand do not panic, I'm sure this sauce would be just as delicious with a Merlot!
This sauce is super easy to make so it's perfect for last minute dinner decisions. 🙂
How to make Cabernet Barbecue Sauce:
Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes, until reduced by about half.
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
The longer you cook the sauce, the thicker it will become. It is also thicker when cold than it is when it is hot, funny how that works out. 😉
More delicious barbecue sauce recipes:
Tangy & Sassy Barbecue Sauce - does not contain alcohol
I have to say, I really do enjoy creating new barbecue sauces!
Cabernet Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Cabernet Savignon (or any deep, red wine)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (I like to use chipotle chili powder)
- Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes, until reduced by about half.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.