BAILEYS Kiss Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on March 1, 2021 by Lisa Johnson
Baileys Kiss Cupcakes with Baileys Buttercream and Chocolate Ganache are amazingly delicious with surprise KISSES inside. They are perfect any time of year, not just St. Patrick’s Day!!
Today is my friend Jamie’s 2nd Blogiversary over at Love Bakes Good Cakes, and we are celebrating with these delicious BAILEYS Kiss Cupcakes with BAILEYS Buttercream and Chocolate Ganache! I tried really hard to create a cupcake without alcohol, but in the end….. I just could not do it!
There is no substitute for the intense flavor that BAILEYS and Godiva Chocolate Liqueur add. No, you cannot possibly get drunk eating these cupcakes! One – there is not enough alcohol in them, and Two – they are too sweet for you to eat all of them at once…..No that was not a challenge! Although I will admit, it is hard to stop eating them…..
I am going to give you a peak into my brain for a moment. The cupcakes above look done to me, but they are not “Pinterest worthy”. They need….more…..drama!! So I whipped up some chocolate ganache and drizzled it over the cupcakes. Now they are worthy!
Obviously, I have St. Paddy’s Day on the brain, so they are adorned with shamrocks, green liners, and flags. These cupcakes are delicious anytime of the year…..so make them…..often. 😉 Okay, why don’t I show you how I made them.
How to make Baileys Kiss Cupcakes:
First you want to whip up the sugar, eggs, and oil in a bowl to make these cupcakes light and airy. Then we add our BAILEYS Irish Cream, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and whip it up some more. Now let’s add the flour, pudding mix, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and soda to create this yummy batter…..
Scoop it into some cupcake liners…..
You don’t want to overfill them, just about 2/3rd’s full is good. I use an ice cream scoop to get them even. Now for the fun part…..
Press an unwrapped HERSHEY’S KISS into the center of the batter. Ingenious right? Now bake them for 18 – 20 minutes…..
Notice the slight indentation, that is normal. The ones that I baked without the KISSES were perfectly round on top. Just make sure that when you stick your toothpick into the cupcake to check for doneness, that you don’t stick it into the melted chocolate! 😉 Now this is the hard part…..LET THEM COOL completely!
To make the BAILEYS Buttercream:
You want to beat the heck out of your butter and shortening to make it light and creamy…..
Then slowly add in the powdered sugar, salt, and meringue powder….you don’t want to be wearing the powdered sugar. 😉 Gradually add the BAILEYS and continue beating for several minutes until you reach your desired consistency…..
Try to resist the urge to eat the frosting, or your cupcakes will end up naked!
You can frost them with a knife, or you can fill a zipper bag/decorator bag and use a pretty #2D tip to create bakery style cupcakes…..
Ooops, I almost forgot the Chocolate Ganache! Place the chocolate, butter, and cream/coconut milk in a microwave safe bowl…..
Heat on HIGH for 30 seconds, stir, then continue heating and stirring in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth…..
Now drizzle over your cupcakes and eat….. just remember to share them!
More Boozy Cake recipes:
- Boozy Shamrock Shake Cupcakes
- Watermelon Margarita Cake – includes instructions to make a bundt cake, cupcakes, and bundt shots as well.
- White Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes
- Bacardi Pina Colada Rum Cake – this one is a bundt cake but you could easily make cupcakes as well.
- Margarita Bundt Cake – you can make cupcakes with this recipe as well if you like.
BAILEYS Kiss Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- .75 cups canola oil
- .5 cup BAILEY’S Irish Cream*
- .5 cup water
- .25 cup Godiva Chocolate Liqueur*
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- .75 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3.4 ounce instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- .5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 HERSHEYS KISSES unwrapped
- .5 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 Pound powdered sugar
- .25 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons BAILEY’S Irish Cream*
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate I used Ghirardelli
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the sugar, eggs, and oil together until light and fluffy in a large bowl with a mixer, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the BAILEY’S, chocolate liqueur, water and beat to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt. Beat until well incorporated.
- Scoop batter into cupcakes liners, about 2/3rd’s full, and place in muffin tins. I use an ice cream scoop so they are all even.
- Place an unwrapped HERSHEY’S KISS in the center of each cupcake.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the “edge” of the cupcake. There is melted chocolate in the center!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Place on a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
For the BAILEY’S Buttercream
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and shortening until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar, salt, and meringue powder. Slowly stir to combine, then beat together.
- Add BAILEY's one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Continue beating on low for several minutes to create a light and fluffy frosting.
For the Chocolate Ganache
- Place chocolate, butter, and cream in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, stir to combine. Continue heating in 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- I used a #2 large decorating tip, which I placed in a small zipper bag with the edge snipped off to frost the cupcakes.
- Drizzle cupcakes with chocolate ganache or decorate with sprinkles.
- Store in a covered container for up to three days.
- * To make without alcohol – substitute brewed coffee for the BAILEYS and Godiva. They will now be Mocha Kiss cupcakes, but they will still be delicious.
- **BAILEYS Irish Cream and Godiva Chocolate Liqueur are registered trademarks of their respective companies. I have no affiliation with either company, and I am not being paid to create or present this recipe.
Lisa, these cupcakes look and sound SO good!!! So much fun to celebrate together! Pinning!
Thank you Cindy, it’s such a fun party! I love all of the different flavors…especially the lemon. 🙂
My. Mouth. Is. Drooling. Spittle. Everywhere.
YUM!!!!!!! And all those other cupcakes in the party! WOW!
LOL, I LOVE it when you stop by Andi…you are so much fun!!
OMG Lisa – it is really dangerous for me to hop around this late at night – I would love one of these right now or maybe 2! Pinning to my new cupcake board!
These are so pretty, Lisa! You did great making them “dramatic” for the blog. Haha. I’m glad you added alcohol — they must taste great with baileys!
Thanks so much Marcie! We do what we have to do for the blog, don’t we? 🙂 Seriously, nothing adds as much flavor to cakes as alcohol!!
i LOVE Baileys… and i love cupcakes. what a perfect match!
Thank you Holly! 🙂
These are amazing – thanks so much for sharing at #EmptyYourArchive. I have pinned – Alice
Thank you so much Alice! 🙂
These cupcakes are so so pretty!! I am going to make them because that is all I am craving right now. Love the gorgeous dark photos too. Just stunning!!
Thank you so much Zainab! Let me know what you think. 🙂
Oh Lisa I would love to get my hands on one of these cupcakes! They look amazing! I love anything with Bailey’s and chocolate! Pinned and making soon:)
Thank you Shannon, you won’t be disappointed! 🙂
I would be tempted to eat waaaaay more than I need of these 🙂 I love that extra bit of chocolate on top too!!! They’re so festive and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!! Thanks so much for celebrating with me, Lisa!!
Love these cupcakes, and the fact that you added a little drama haha. SO MUCH DRAMA.
Chocolate is so dramatic.
Haha, gotta have the drama! Thanks so much Lisa. 🙂
These cupcakes look great! I love Bailey’s…what a delicious idea! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much Jodee. 🙂
WOW Lisa! Can you teach me to pipe frosting? I need help!
Thanks so much Beth. I selected the best ones for the photos, the rest were lopsided or wonky! 🙂 They I drowned them in chocolate ganache to cover the flaws, lol!!
ZOMG. I want to eat all of the cupcakes. These look good, Lisa!
Thank you so much Julie! 🙂
What a great collection of cupcakes! I love the St. Patrick’s day cupcake. The picture is great and it looks amazing.
Thanks you so much for stopping by and linking up at Saturday Dishes.
I pinned these.
Cupcakes make me happy. And a little Bailey’s and ganache (I love drama) can only help. So glad you tortured me on Foodie Friday with these.
My sneaky torture plan is working!! 😉 By the way, I have been trying to comment on your site all week. Google comments and Google profile are not allowing me to comment anymore, and I have no clue how to fix it.
These look great!! Will have to try… thanks so much 🙂
Thank you Christina. 🙂