Do you like Pina Coladas? Getting caught in the rain? If it is raining because I am on a tropical island, I am totally okay with that. Of course I much prefer to be sitting on the beach having delicious umbrella drinks delivered to me! How about a collection of Tropical Pina Colada Recipes to make us all feel like we are on vacation gazing out at turquoise water with our toes in the sand? Sounds glorious, right?
What is a Pina Colada?
A pina colada is a combination of fresh pineapple juice, when available, cream of coconut and light rum. There are many different variations, but those three ingredients are always included.
Which rum is best for Pina Colada?
A light rum is traditionally used. Bacardi Silver is my personal favorite. It’s readily available and not insanely priced.
This page is a work in progress! I will come back and add the links as I create new recipes. Are there any recipes that you would like to see? Let me know.
Pina Colada Cocktails:
Traditional Pina Colada Recipe – the original recipe
Pina Colada Dessert Recipes:
Healthy Pina Colada Recipes:
My favorite products to create tropical drinks!
- Ninja Blender – I have an older version of this blender and I love it! It can blend anything, including ice.
- Poco Grande Glasses – These are the official Pina Colada glasses that are used in the image above.
- Hurricane Glasses – The perfect glass for all of your tropical cocktails.
- Shot Glass – I prefer a see-through shot glass for more accurate measuring.
- Coco Lopez – This is the sweetened cream of coconut used in traditional Pina Coladas.
- Coconut Milk/Cream – this is the unsweetened version that is perfect for “skinny” versions of cocktails and most other recipes.
- Cocktail Drink Umbrellas – no cocktail is complete without a cute little paper umbrella.
- Bamboo Straws – organic, eco-friendly, reusable straws.
- Shredded Coconut – organic, unsweetened, finely shredded coconut.