Do you like Pina Coladas? Getting caught in the rain? If it is raining because I am on a tropical island, I am totally okay with that. Of course I much prefer to be sitting on the beach having delicious umbrella drinks delivered to me! How about a collection of Tropical Pina Colada Recipes to make us all feel like we are on vacation gazing out at turquoise water with our toes in the sand? Sounds glorious, right?
What is a Pina Colada?
A pina colada is a combination of pineapple juice, cream of coconut and light rum that is usually mixed in a blender with ice and served in a tall glass with a fruit garnish. There are many different variations, but those three ingredients are always included.
What does piña colada mean?
The name piña colada (in Spanish) literally translates to “strained pineapple”. It is a reference to the original piña coladas being made with fresh, strained pineapple juice.
Which rum is best for Pina Colada?
A light, white rum is traditionally used because the flavor is more neutral. Superior Silver rum from Bacardi is my personal favorites. It is readily available and not insanely priced.
You can also mix things up by trying spiced, gold rum, or fruit flavored rums for a fun twist to a classic piña colada.
Pineapple and coconut is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and I am always coming up with new ideas. Are there any recipes that you would like to see? Let me know.
Pina Colada Cocktails
- Traditional Pina Colada Recipe – the original recipe
- Classic Piña Colada Recipe
- Creamy Pina Colada Recipe with Ice Cream
- Keto Pina Colada with Coconut Milk
- Layered Berry Pina Colada
- Fresh Cherry Pina Colada Recipe
- Watermelon Pina Colada
- Pina Colada with Dark Rum
Pina Colada Dessert Recipes
- Piña Colada Ice Cream
- Pina Colada Popcorn
- Pina Colada Cream Pie
- Pina Colada Bars
- Bacardi Pina Colada Rum Cake
- Pina Colada Bread Pudding with Crockpot instructions
Healthy Pina Colada Recipes
- Mango Pina Colada Smoothie
- Pina Colada Overnight Oats
- Pina Colada Muffins
- Pina Colada Shrimp Salad
- Pina Colada Granola
National Pina Colada Day
July 10th is recognized as #NationalPinaColadaDay. It is the perfect day to try out a fun new pina colada inspired recipe, and remember to share your creations on social media!
My favorite products to create tropical drinks!
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- Ninja Blender – I have an older version of this blender and I love it! It can blend anything, including ice.
- Poco Grande Glasses – These are the official Pina Colada glasses that are used in the image above.
- Hurricane Glasses – The perfect glass for all of your tropical cocktails.
- Shot Glass – I prefer a see-through shot glass for more accurate measuring.
- Coco Lopez – This is the sweetened cream of coconut used in traditional Pina Coladas.
- Coconut Milk/Cream – this is the unsweetened version that is perfect for “skinny” versions of cocktails and most other recipes.
- Cocktail Drink Umbrellas – no cocktail is complete without a cute little paper umbrella.
- Bamboo Straws – organic, eco-friendly, reusable straws.
- Shredded Coconut – organic, unsweetened, finely shredded coconut.