This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This is an easy Piña Colada Ice Cream recipe made with simple ingredients like coconut milk, coconut cream, instant pudding mix and pineapple juice. Best of all, there is no cooking required! This will become your go-to summer dessert.
For even more pineapple and coconut inspired recipes, check out my Tropical Pina Colada recipes page.
How could anyone pass up a thick and creamy ice cream that is loaded with tropical flavors?
How to make Piña Colada Ice Cream:
If you do not like the texture of coconut sift your pudding mix to remove the flakes. Otherwise, go ahead and pour the whole package into a large bowl.
Add the coconut milk, pineapple juice, and rum, and whisk or beat together.
Next, grab a can of unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, but do not shake the can! Scoop out the solid portion of the coconut cream. You should have about a cup.
Whisk this into your mixture until fully combined. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacture’s instructions, usually about twenty minutes.
Once the ice cream is ready, pour into a container and freeze until ready to serve.
After a couple of hours in the freezer you will have a soft-serve consistency. Freeze overnight for a more solid ice cream. If frozen overnight, set on counter for 30 minutes or so to soften up again.
Additional Dairy-free Ice Cream recipes to try:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Limonello Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Walnut Fudge Ice Cream
Piña Colada Ice Cream
- 3.4 ounce vanilla or coconut instant pudding mix
- 2 cups coconut milk (the kind in the refrigerator section)
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut cream (canned unsweetened coconut milk, not the sweetened Coco Lopez coconut cream)
- .25 cup coconut rum (can substitute 1 teaspoon rum flavoring)
- In a large bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix, coconut milk, pineapple juice, the solid coconut cream from a can of unsweetened coconut milk, and rum.
- Pour mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker, and process according to the manufacture’s instructions, about 20 minutes.
- Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container, and freeze until ready to serve.
- *to make without the Rum, substitute 1 teaspoon of rum extract. You do not need to add any additional liquid.
- Ice Cream will be “soft-serve” style in 2 to 3 hours. If frozen overnight, set on counter for 30 minutes or so to soften up again.