This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Winter is coming and this frozen Mango Pina Colada Smoothie with it’s tropical flavors might just convince you that you are sitting on the beach with your toes in the sand! If you live in a very snowy area it might take a couple to convince you, or you made need to add alcohol! It’s just a suggestion, not required.
For even more pineapple and coconut inspired recipes, check out my Tropical Pina Colada recipes page.
Just look at all that frozen, tropical goodness!! And the best part is how easy they are to make.
What you’ll need:
- frozen pineapple chunks
- frozen mango chunks
- canned coconut milk
- rum or vanilla extract (optional)
Optional added protein ideas:
- 1 Tablespoon of hemp seeds adds 5 grams protein + fiber, potassium and iron
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds adds 3 grams of protein + magnesium, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed adds 2 grams of protein + fiber and omega-3 fatty acids
- 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds adds 4 grams of protein + fiber, omega-3 and calcium
- Your favorite protein or collagen powder
By the way, 1 cup of coconut milk adds 5 grams of protein!
How to make a Mango Pina Colada Smoothie:
Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
Puree until smooth.
Divide between two glasses, garnish with a pineapple wedge or toasted coconut and serve with a cute straw.
Do you feel the island breeze? The salty air blasting your face and twisting your hair? Me either, no matter how hard I try to imagine it. 😉
How can I made a Mango Pina Colada?
Add 2 ounces of white rum, such as Bacardi silver, and omit the rum/vanilla extract.
More delicious smoothie recipes:
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Avocado and Date Smoothie
- Wine Smoothie with frozen berries
Mango Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1.25 cups canned coconut milk full-fat or lite
- 1.5 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1.5 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- .25 cup water to thin, if needed
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses, garnish with a pineapple wedge or toasted coconut and serve with a cute straw.