This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Raise your hand if you love flavored coffee drinks. But do you like the cost of them? I'm guessing that is a big NO! You will love how easy this homemade Vanilla Simple Syrup recipe is to make. It is the perfect addition to your favorite coffee, tea, lemonade, flavored soda and cocktails!
How to Make Vanilla Simple Syrup:
Heat the water and sugar to a medium saucepan over LOW heat.
Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Heat for one minute then remove from heat.
Allow to cool then pour into a bottle with spout or mason jar with lid.
How do you store vanilla simple syrup?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long does vanilla simple syrup last?
You can store your syrup for up to two weeks, possibly a bit longer. Always check the color, smell, and for crystallization or cloudiness to determine if it is still safe to consume. Sugar acts as a preservative, so if the jar is clean and the sugar is completely dissolved in the water you should be good.
What is simple syrup used for?
- flavoring hot or iced coffee drinks
- hot or iced tea
- on cakes to keep them moist
Additional simple syrup recipes:
- Classic Simple Syrup
- Cherry Simple Syrup
- Peppermint Simple Syrup
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Gingersnap Syrup
Cocktails with simple syrup:
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Heat the water and sugar to a medium saucepan over LOW heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Heat for one minute then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool completely then pour into a bottle or jar.
- Store in a airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- This recipes make 1.5 cups of syrup. Actual servings will depend on amount used.