This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This homemade Blackberry Simple Syrup recipe is easy to make with only 3-ingredients using fresh or frozen berries. It is packed with delicious blackberry flavor, perfect for fruity cocktails, lemonade, iced tea, and desserts!
Blackberry Simple Syrup ingredients:
- filtered water
- fresh or frozen blackberries
- granulated sugar
How to make Blackberry Simple Syrup:
Heat the sugar, water and blackberries in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
This was the fun part for me...no laughing, it was fun to watch! Do you see the pink berries? As they heat up, they turn dark...and then flip over! They would be pink again, then turn dark and flip over again. So watch the berries flip and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and smash with a potato or avocado masher.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
and pour through a strainer in to a bowl or measuring cup.
Press the berries through the strainer with a large spoon to squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. This syrup should last for a couple of months, assuming you don’t use it all up before then.
Looking for delicious Instant Pot Recipes? Sign up for a FREE Top 10 Instant Pot Recipes e-Book and receive future recipes delivered to your inbox!
I made this delicious Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade with my new syrup.
I love making flavored simple syrups! It is the perfect way to add a bit of sweetness and flavor to your favorite drinks, and they are so simple to make!!
More flavored syrup recipes:
- Vanilla Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Cherry Simple Syrup
- Peppermint Syrup - perfect for coffee drinks!
- Classic Simple Syrup
Tools used to create this recipe:
More delicious blackberry recipes:
- Blackberry Ginger Chocolate Muffins
- Lemon Belgian Waffles with Blackberry Syrup
- Blackberry Bourbon Glazed Salmon
- Lemon Blackberry Bread
- Blackberry Moscow Mule
- Blackberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1.25 cup water
- .75 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Heat the sugar, blackberries, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and smash blackberries with a potato masher.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup.
- Use a large spoon to push as much liquid through the strainer as possible.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.