I am back again with yet another flavor of simple syrup! Yes, yes, I know you are all jumping up and down with joy and anticipation. Okay maybe you’re not, but this Blackberry Simple Syrup is happening either way. I will be honest, I was expecting a deeper flavor, but it is delicious none the less! Have you tried any of the other simple syrups yet?
This Blackberry Simple Syrup is a follow up to the Cherry Simple Syrup that I made a couple of months ago…..
They are so simple to make, I just can’t stop making them. 😉
How to make Blackberry Simple Syrup:
Heat the sugar, water and blackberries in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat…..
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes…..
This was the fun part for me…no laughing, it was fun to watch! Do you see the pink berries? As they heat up, they turn dark…and then flip over! They would be pink again, then turn dark and flip over again. So watch the berries flip and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and smash with a potato or avocado masher…..
Allow to cool for 10 minutes…..
and pour through a strainer in to a bowl or measuring cup…..
Press the berries through the strainer with a large spoon to squeeze as much liquid out as possible…..
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should be good for up to six months, assuming you don’t use it all up before then…..
I made this delicious Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade with my new syrup…..
I think I will make raspberry next time! Or maybe Peppermint!
more delicious blackberry recipes:
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Heat the sugar, blackberries, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and smash blackberries with a potato masher.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup.
- Use a large spoon to push as much liquid through the strainer as possible.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.