This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on April 3, 2021 by Lisa Johnson
Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade – Your favorite passion tea lemonade recipe gets a fruity twist with the addition of homemade blackberry syrup! Nothing beats a fruity and refreshing blackberry lemonade to cool you down on a hot day.
Welcome back for this month’s Cooking with Astrology “Virgo” Picnic. I hope you are enjoying these picnics as much as I am. This month I am deviating from last year’s Irish theme. I have so many Irish meals already, that I wanted to do something different. I still do not have a working grill, so we are doing a slow cooker version of Texas Barbecue. Hopefully that is not breaking any rules.
We are starting our picnic with a refreshing Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade using the Blackberry Simple Syrup recipe. It is the perfect drink to wash down these delicious Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches made with m y Tangy & Sassy Barbecue Sauce. I served my favorite Bacon Potato Salad on the side. Do you see that yummy barbecue sauce drizzled across the sandwich? That would be my Tangy & Sassy Barbecue Sauce.
For dessert we have a mini version of Texas Sheet Cake.
O-M-G- that cake is soooo good!!
How to make Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade:
Fill two glasses with ice.
If you compare this Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade to the original Passion Tea Lemonade, you will notice that the measurements are different. I grabbed the undiluted tea and mixed it equal parts with the lemonade…and it tasted great! Feel free to play around with the flavorings until you get it just the way you like it!
In case you are wondering why I was thinking Texas Barbecue, it is because Luke Wilson is my Virgo inspiration again this year. He grew up in Texas, so I figured I would impress him with my mad…never been to Texas…don’t own a barbecue grill…picnic skills. Do you think it would work?
Candlelit Irish meal recipes:
These recipes were used to create last year’s Virgo meal.
- Classic Dinner Salad
- Guinness Pot Roast
- Apple-Berry Crumble with Whiskey Whipped Cream
- Blackberry Muffing with Lemon Glaze
Remember: all of the descriptions, dates, and dietary inspirations are explained in last year’s meals. I did not see the point in repeating everything this year.
More delicious lemonade recipes:
- Easy Homemade Lemonade
- Cherry Lemonade
- Blue Lemonade Cocktail – UV Blue Vodka + lemonade
- Passion Tea Lemonade Cocktail – no lemonade, I used Limoncello instead.
- Strawberry Simple Syrup to flavor your lemonade.
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Blackberry Passion Tea Lemonade
- 8 ounces passion tea brewed and cooled
- 8 ounces homemade lemonade or store-bought like Newman's Own
- 4 tablespoons blackberry simple syrup
- Fill 2 glasses with ice.
- Add 4 ounces of lemonade, 4 ounces of passion tea, and 2 tablespoons of blackberry simple syrup to each glass.
- Stir to combine.
- 1 cup boiling water + 1 teabag. Steep for 5 minutes. I did not dilute the tea with additional with water.
- Add more blackberry simple syrup as needed, depending on the how sweet your lemonade is.