This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Welcome to this month’s edition of Cooking with Astrology. This month is all about “Virgo” and nerve-settling foods. Sounds like comfort food is in order. We are starting off our meal with a classic Dinner Salad, nice and simple…..
The body part ruled by Virgo is the nervous system. Virgos are perfectionists and natural born analysts. They are intellectual, care about their health, cultured and classy. Take out served out of the box is not going to cut it 🙂 Here is a look at our entire meal…..
Classic Dinner Salad, Guinness Pot Roast, Apple and Berry Crumble, and Blackberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze for breakfast. Virgo’s color is Sapphire Blue but I could not find blue place mats anywhere! My mother is a Virgo and I grew up in houses decorated with navy blue and yellow, so I knew it would be my best solution. The mini vases are empty Starbucks Mocha bottles 🙂
Why did I choose an Irish meal? Because I chose Luke Wilson as the inspiration. Who is Luke Wilson? He is the younger brother of Owen Wilson…..
Now who could say no to having dinner with him? 😉 He is of Irish/American descent and moved to Texas for his father’s job. I thought about a Texas Barbecue, but I have already done several steaks and wanted something a little more unique. Other famous Virgos include: Richard Gere, Hugh Grant, Faith Hill, Keanu Reeves, Mother Teresa, and Charlie Sheen. Virgos love a good meal with stimulating conversations and witty banter… sign me up!
How to make a Dinner Salad:
Rinse lettuce with warm water in a colander. Allow to completely drain.
Slice the green onions and chop the parsley.
Place a mound of lettuce on the plate.
Add the tomatoes and cucumber slices.
Sprinkle with green onions, parsley, seeds or nuts, and Garlic Croutons if using. Serve with dressing of your choice.
Our main course for this meal is Guinness Pot Roast.
Then we have Apple-Berry Crumble with Irish Whiskey Whipped Cream for dessert.
And last but not least, Blackberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze for breakfast.
More delicious salad recipes:
- 1 bag leaf lettuce mix with carrots
- 1 Bag/box spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes cherry or diced
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 green onions sliced
- ½ bunch Italian parsley chopped
- sunflower seed pepitas, sliced almonds (optional)
- croutons optional
- Rinse lettuce with warm water in a colander. Allow to completely drain.
- Wash tomatoes and cucumber with veggie wash, wipe dry.
- Slice the green onions and chop the parsley.
- Place a mound of lettuce on the plate.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle with green onions, parsley, seeds or nuts, and croutons if using. Serve with dressing of your choice.
- Serve with dressing of your choice.