This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
You get three guesses to figure out what inspired this Creamy Feta Dressing. Do you need a hint? That’s right, my favorite Greek restaurant that has since closed down!! I always ordered the Pastitsio, which was served with a dinner salad with the most amazing Creamy Feta Dressing! I could drink this stuff out of the jar it is so good!
After the restaurant closed, I knew that I had to recreate this luxurious Creamy Feta Dressing at home and now I am sharing it with you!
What is Feta cheese?
Feta is a soft, brined cheese with a grainy texture and a salty flavor. It is commonly formed into blocks, but can usually only be found crumbled in the grocery store.
In Greece, Feta Cheese is made with sheep’s milk or a mixture of sheep and goat’s milk. In the United States, it is made with cow’s milk. I have no idea why. It is probably cheaper to make it that way. 🙁
Feta is an aged cheese, so this dressing has never upset my stomach… <insert happy dance>! Not that I would have cared, I really love this dressing. It is thick and creamy just like my other favorite, Ranch Dressing. I guess you could call it Mediterranean Ranch!! Shockingly enough, it is perfect on a Greek Salad…..
This dressing is incredibly easy to make. In fact, there is only one photo! I completely forgot to take more. 😉
How do you make Creamy Feta Dressing?
Place the feta cheese, milk, and vinegar in a bowl, and mash together to break apart the chunks……
Add all of the additional ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Or you could place all of the ingredients into a jar, seal and shake to combine.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours so the flavors can mingle and get happy…..
OMG, so amazing!!
More homemade Salad Dressing recipes:
Next up on our Cooking with Astrology Meal Leo, we will have the Greek “Summery” Meat Pie…Yum!
Creamy Feta Dressing
- 2/3 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup milk (I use unsweetened Coconut or Cashew milk)
- 1/2 cup authentic Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place feta cheese and milk in a bowl, and mash together with a fork to break apart any large chunks.
- Mix in the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, green onion, dill, pepper and oregano. Or, you could pour the ingredients into a jar, seal the lid and shake to combine.
- Cover and chill dressing for a few hours before serving. Use within 7 days.