This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on June 16, 2020 by Lisa Johnson
You know what I have just realized? I really enjoy making my own salad dressings. I grew up eating dressings and sauces out of plastic bottles that come from the grocery store. Who am I kidding, I grew up eating everything that came pre-made from the grocery store! I have been working really hard to change that, and make everything that I can from scratch…including this delicious Italian Dressing.
This dressing is loaded with fresh herbs, healthy olive oil, and tons of flavor! Best of all, it this dressing is easy to make! We have all gotten to used to convenience foods, I think most people don’t realize how simple some of these things are to make from scratch. Or maybe that’s just me. 😉
How to make homemade Italian Dressing:
You already know that I do not chomping down into raw onions. So I decided to grate the onion, pretty brilliant right? Well I thought so.
Then simply chop up all of your herbs, measure your oil and vinegar, and whisk everything together…..
Alternately, you could place all of the ingredients into a lidded container, like an empty Starbucks Frappaccino bottle, and shake to combine…..
Recipes that use Italian Dressing:
- Healthy Italian Pasta Salad
- Italian Sub Sandwich
- Antipasto Salad – this one actually has it’s own dressing using dried herbs
Homemade Italian Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon oregano leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons grated yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Pour all ingredients into a lidded container.
- Seal and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing, use within 7 days.
Looks absolutely delicious, Lisa!! And I love your pics – black backgrounds and all. Pinned!
Homemade salad dressings are definitely better!! 🙂
I do love homemade dressing–this looks delish! Thanks for sharing.
I think a homemade dressing was my firsts and possibly last ever kitchen experiment as a kid. I love seeing so many homemade recipes for dressings though. Yummy stuff! It especially looks like it will be good on the italian sub. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday
I will have to try this recipe!