This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Do you like to add fun flavors to your lemonade? It is amazing how much difference a Tablespoon of Cherry Simple Syrup can make. It can turn an ordinary lemonade or tea into a designer drink in no time. Once I made Simple Syrup for the very first time, I had all different flavor ideas running through my head. Adding flavors to your simple syrup only adds one additional step.
They are so simple and delicious, I can just about guarantee that there will be many more flavors to come! Raspberry, blackberry, peach, maybe even watermelon. 😉
How to make cherry simple syrup:
Start by cutting each cherry in half, and remove the pit. I did this with my finger nails, but I am sure there is a gadget out there to make the process easier!
Heat the sugar, cherries, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat……
Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if mixture starts to boil…..
Remove from heat and smash cherries with a potato masher…..
Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup. Use a large spoon to push as much liquid through the strainer as possible…..
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should be good for up to six months, assuming you don’t use it all up before then.
I made this refreshing Cherry Lemonade with this syrup…..
If you are looking for a sweetener without a flavor, try this Simple Syrup.
More delicious cherry recipes:
What flavors do you think I should try? What are your favorites?
Cherry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted and sliced in half
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- Heat the sugar, cherries, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and smash cherries with a potato masher.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup.
- Use a large spoon to push as much liquid through the strainer as possible.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.