This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Do you like to add fun flavors to your lemonade? It is amazing how much difference a tablespoon of Cherry Simple Syrup can make. It can turn an ordinary lemonade or tea into a designer drink in no time. Once I made Simple Syrup for the very first time, I had all different flavor ideas running through my head. Adding flavors to your simple syrup only adds one additional step!
They are so simple and delicious, I can just about guarantee that there will be many more flavors to come! Raspberry, blackberry, peach, maybe even watermelon.
Ingredients to make cherry simple syrup:
All you need is three simple ingredients; fresh cherries, filtered water, and granulated sugar!
How to make cherry simple syrup:
Start by cutting each cherry in half, and remove the pit. I did this with my finger nails, but I am sure there is a gadget out there to make the process easier!
Heat the sugar, cherries, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat……
Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if mixture starts to boil…..
Remove from heat and smash cherries with a potato masher…..
Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup. Use a large spoon to push as much liquid through the strainer as possible…..
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should be good for a few months, assuming you don’t use it all up before then.
I made this refreshing Cherry Lemonade with this syrup.
Additional flavored syrup recipes:
- Cherry Simple Syrup
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Peppermint Simple Syrup – perfect for your morning mocha!
- Vanilla Simple Syrup
- Gingersnap Syrup for Lattes and coffee drinks.
- Classic Simple Syrup
Tools used to create this recipe:
More delicious cherry recipes:
- Cherry Moscow Mule
- Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies
- Homemade Cherry Sweet Rolls
- Cherry Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Cherry Chip Cocktail Cake
What flavors do you think I should try next? What are your favorites?
Cherry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted and sliced in half
- 1 cup water
- .75 cups granulated sugar
- Heat the sugar, cherries, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and smash cherries with a potato masher.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup.
- Use a large spoon to push as much liquid through the strainer as possible.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.