This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
These delectable chocolate chunk cherry cookies are the perfect blend of rich, gooey chocolate chunks and sweet-tart dried cherries. They a delightful twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
These Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies are light, buttery, crispy on the edges, and chewy in the center – just the way I like them. The rolled oats add a slight crunch without adding nuts, although walnuts and pecans would make a delicious addition.
If you love cherries, you need to try this cherry thumbprint cookie recipe from Easy Family Recipe Ideas too!
What you’ll need
- Unsalted butter
- Large egg
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Kosher salt and baking soda
- Chocolate chunks – I used bittersweet, but semi-sweet and milk chocolate will also work.
- Dried cherries
Check out the printable recipe card below for the complete recipe and detailed instructions.
How to make Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, and egg until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Beat just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
onto baking sheets. I used a #30 cookie scoop that holds 2 tablespoons of dough.
Bake until edges are golden brown and the centers are set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
I don’t know if you can tell or not, but I chopped my cherries before I added them to the cookie dough. That just made them disappear and not have a full cherry punch like they should have….so don’t do that. 😉
More delicious cookie recipes:
- Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Compost Cookies
- Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese’s Pieces
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Snickerdoodles
Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cups chocolate chunks I used bittersweet
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Beat just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheets. I used a #30 cookie scoop that holds 2 Tablespoons of dough.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and the centers are set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely, or eat warm!