This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Do you ever feel like you are living in some kind of time warp? The holidays on the calendar keep whizzing by at warp speed, and you are still trying to get your act together for the holiday that is about to pass you by? Oh, it’s just me? Christmas is a blur, New Year’s is a faded memory, and Valentine’s Day is as good as over…..
And I still need to make my Christmas cookies!! Well, obviously that ship has sailed and I will spend the next 10 months trying to make up for last time. In an attempt to get ahead for next Christmas, I am going to “try” to create a new cookie each month. We shall see how well that works out, especially since I already missed January. 😉
These Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies are light, buttery, crispy on the edges, and chewy in the center…just the way I like them!! The rolled oats add a slight crunch, without being annoying like nuts. 😉
How to make Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, and egg until light and fluffy…..
Add the vanilla, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Beat just until combined…..
Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries…..
onto baking sheets. I used a #30 cookie scoop that holds 2 Tablespoons of dough…..
Bake until edges are golden brown and the centers are set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes…..
I don’t know if you can tell or not, but I chopped my cherries before I added them to the cookie dough. That just made them disappear and not have a full cherry punch like they should have….so don’t do that. 😉
More delicious cookie recipes:
Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups chocolate chunks I used bittersweet
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Beat just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheets. I used a #30 cookie scoop that holds 2 Tablespoons of dough.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and the centers are set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely, or eat warm!