This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Do you ever feel like the entire world is working against you? Tasks that used to be second nature, are now impossible to complete. This move has taken it’s toll on me and pretty much pushed me over the edge these past two weeks! Trying to hang a board on the wall in the kitchen brought me to tears today…..
I could not get the drill to work properly…the wood was too hard so the screw head was stripped almost immediately…the stud finder scratched up the newly painted wall…and it turns out that the screws are too short. I just wanted to hang up my pots and pans!! LOL If it wasn’t so depressing, it would actually be quite comical. 😉
So I will be off to Home Depot again tomorrow to purchase longer screws, pliers, and a wrench. One way or another that stripped screw is going to come out of my newly cut and stained board…if it kills me. Thankfully I had these Classic Snickerdoodles to calm my nerves. Baking is one thing that I can always manage to get right!!
How to make Classic Snickerdoodles:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpat liner or parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, beat together butter, shortening, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy…..
Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt…..
I still have not found my big, clear glass bowl. 🙁 In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Scoop dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture…..
Place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart…..
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Move cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
These Classic Snickerdoodles with a crispy outside and soft, light inside wrapped in cinnamon sugar mixture melt in your mouth…and will make you forget all about everything that went wrong this week. 🙂
More delicious cookie recipes:
- Everyone’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Compost Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- Traditional Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpat liner or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, shortening, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
- Move cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.