This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Wake up ready to conquer the day with a chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie recipe loaded with wholesome ingredients. It may taste like dessert, but it is dairy-free, soy-free and paleo with no added sugar.
Do you have a morning routine? I like to workout first thing in the morning, then enjoy a protein smoothie after I pick myself up off the floor! Please tell me that I am not the only one!
What you’ll need
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Coconut and cashew will also work.
- All-natural peanut butter with no added sugar. This is a protein smoothie not a milkshake! You can substitute you favorite nut butter if you prefer.
- Chocolate protein powder made without added sugar.
- Frozen banana to add sweetness and to thicken the smoothie.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for an added boost of flavor and antioxidants.
- Ice cubes as needed to thicken to your desired consistency.
Check out the printable recipe card below for the complete recipe and detailed instructions.
I don’t like my smoothies diluted by melting ice cubes, so I freeze my bananas. Just toss them in to the freezer until ready to use.
Then slice it up and toss it into the blender. The skin is quite brittle so it breaks away pretty easily.
How to make a Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
Pour the milk into a blender, then add the protein powder, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and frozen banana.
Puree until smooth. My blender takes 54 seconds.
Check consistency and add ice cubes if needed. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie benefits
- Each smoothie contains approximately 16.3 grams of protein to start your day.
- Bananas are a good source of potassium, as well as manganese, fiber, and Vitamins C and B6. They are are 75% water, 23% carbohydrates (which is half sugar), 1% protein, and contain negligible fat.
- Peanut Butter contains high levels of protein, vitamin E, pantothenic acid, folate, niacin, and vitamin B6 as well as the minerals manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper. It is composed of 51% fat, 22% protein, 22% carbohydrates (including 5% dietary fiber), and 1% water.
- Primal Kitchen Chocolate Coconut Collagen Peptide powder adds collagen to support healthy hair, skin and nails. It also adds a bit of sodium (sea salt) and potassium, and is sweetened with monk fruit extract.
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Ninja Blender
- Cutting Board & Chefs Knife
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
More healthy smoothie recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk coconut or cashew milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder optional
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- Pour the milk into a blender, then add the protein powder, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and frozen banana.
- Puree until smooth. My blender takes 54 seconds.
- Check consistency and add ice cubes if needed. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.