Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
Zucchini Shrimp Scampi is made with zucchini noodles and garlic-lemon shrimp for a delicious Keto, gluten-free twist on an Italian favorite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 Servings
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter substitute ghee or olive oil if needed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces large shrimp peeled, deveined, defrosted
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound zucchini noodles 3 medium zucchini, approximately
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese omit for Whole30/Paleo
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
Melt ghee/butter/oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute until soft and aromatic.
Stir in the cayenne pepper or pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the garlic butter.
Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink in color. Add the lemon juice and stir together.
Add the zucchini noodles and toss to combine. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes to desired texture.
Add the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, toss together to combine.
- Omit Parmesan for Whole30 and Paleo!!
- Add salt if not using Parmesan cheese.
- I kept the shrimp on top of the noodles so they would not over cook.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 356mg | Sodium: 1098mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1995IU | Vitamin C: 62.9mg | Calcium: 367mg | Iron: 3.9mg