This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This delicious Zucchini Shrimp Scampi is made with zucchini noodles and garlic-lemon shrimp for a delicious Keto, gluten-free twist on an Italian favorite! If you leave out the Parmesan cheese, this meal is also Whole30 and Paleo compliant as well. Now that is my kind of healthy meal, how about you?
Check out Zucchini and Squash Recipes for more delicious recipes, and to learn about the different types of squash!
I know, I know, I am a bit late to the whole “zoodle” craze! I actually bought a Spiralizer a couple of years ago, and of course it’s been sitting in a box waiting for me to get adventurous. Then my friend Michelle sent me a video of her Electric Spiralizer and I had to have one!! It is so fast and easy, just don’t try and catch the blade wheel if it starts to fall off the counter!! I won’t scare you off with pictures of my sliced up finger!
How to make Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
Melt ghee/butter/oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until soft and aromatic.
Stir in the cayenne pepper or pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the garlic butter.
Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink in color. Add the lemon juice and stir together.
Add the zucchini noodles and toss to combine.
I kept the shrimp on top of the noodles so they would not over cook!
Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes to desired texture.
Add the Parmesan cheese and toss together.
Omit Parmesan for Whole30 and Paleo – substitute Nutritional Yeast Flakes!!
Add the chopped parsley and toss to combine.
I promise you, you will not miss the linguine! This version of Zucchini Shrimp Scampi is light and refreshing, so you can walk away from the table without that full, heavy feeling. 🙂
This recipe was created as a fun Dinner for Two, but it can easily be adjusted to serve a whole family.
For Whole30 and Paleo Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
Use ghee, olive oil, or coconut oil and omit the Parmesan cheese. You can substitute Nutritional Yeast Flakes for a cheesy type flavor if you like.
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- Cutting Board & Chefs Knife
- Garlic Rocker / Mincer
- Citrus Juicer
- Cutting Board & Chefs Knife
- Large Skillet
- Wood Turner
- Electric Spiralizer
- Microplane Grater
More delicious Shrimp recipes
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp – Keto/Whole30/Paleo
- Paleo Shrimp Fried Rice – with Cauliflower Rice
- Avocado Shrimp Risotto
- Double Shrimp Pasta
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza – I seriously need to come up with a Keto/Whole30 version of this pizza!!
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter substitute ghee or olive oil if needed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- .25 teaspoon cayenne pepper or pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces large shrimp peeled, deveined, defrosted
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound zucchini noodles 3 medium zucchini, approximately
- .25 cup grated Parmesan cheese omit for Whole30/Paleo
- .25 cup chopped Italian parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- Melt ghee/butter/oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute until soft and aromatic.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper or pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the garlic butter.
- Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink in color. Add the lemon juice and stir together.
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss to combine. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes to desired texture.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, toss together to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Omit Parmesan for Whole30 and Paleo!!
- Add salt if not using Parmesan cheese.
- I kept the shrimp on top of the noodles so they would not over cook.