This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on July 31, 2022 by Lisa Johnson
This Double Shrimp Pasta is a restaurant quality meal that is incredibly easy to make at home in about 30 minutes! Penne, sautéed shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago-herb sauce, and breaded shrimp…Perfection!!
It has been a while since we took a trip down memory lane and I recreated one of my favorite Marie Callender’s menu items. This Double Shrimp Pasta was added to the menu right before I left California in 1999. In fact, it was the last meal that I ate in the restaurant before leaving for Iowa! Needless to say, 16 years is a long time to remember exactly how it tasted.
Actually, I have no idea what it tasted like!! I pulled up the Marie Callender’s website on my phone while walking through the grocery store with my fingers crossed that it was even still on the menu…..SCORE! “Penne, sauteed shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago-herb sauce, and breaded shrimp.”
I remembered that it had cream cheese, so I started throwing ingredients into my cart and came home to give it a try…..and it turned out even better than I remembered!!
How to make Double Shrimp Pasta:
Preheat oven and bake the breaded shrimp according to the package instructions. Cook the penne according to the package directions and reserve three-quarter cup of pasta water for later.
Heat oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, stir and cook for one minute.
Do not burn the garlic, it will make it bitter. Add the mushrooms, basil, oregano and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
Add the tomatoes and shrimp, cook until shrimp is pink and thoroughly cooked.
Stir in the cream cheese and cook until melted.
Add cooked pasta and enough reserved hot pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
Stir in the grated cheeses and Italian parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve pasta topped with breaded shrimp.
I have a tendency to lose track of time while I am cooking…..which makes it hard to gauge how long a recipe actually takes. Sorry, it’s true! I can tell you that I made this meal, took the photos, and sat down to eat in 45 minutes! So this restaurant quality meal should be ready in 30 minutes, give or take a few minutes. Now that is my kind of meal!!
Tools used to create this recipe:
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- 6 Quart Stockpot to cook the pasta.
- Plastic Colander
- Cutting Board
- 5 Quart Skillet – my set is over 20 years old so it looks a bit different.
- Wood Turner
- Boxed Grater
More delicious seafood pasta recipes:
- Shrimp Pesto
- Shrimp Linguine
- Squid Ink Pasta with Lobster Cream Sauce
- Pasta al Tonno
- Italian Seafood Pasta
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Double Shrimp Pasta
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 large Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 0.5 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- .25 cup cream cheese I used dairy-free
- 8 ounces penne pasta cooked and drained reserving 2/3 cup of water
- .25 cup grated Asiago Parmesan cheese
- .25 cup grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese
- .25 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9 ounces frozen breaded shrimp (cooked according to package directions)
- Preheat oven and bake frozen, breaded shrimp according to package directions.
- Heat oil and melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for one minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, basil, oregano, stir and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and shrimp. Stir and cook until shrimp is pink.
- Stir in the cream cheese and cook until melted.
- Add cooked pasta and enough reserved hot pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Stir in the cheeses and Italian parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pasta topped with breaded shrimp.