Lemon Meringue Pie Bites
These Lemon Meringue Pie Bites are super delicious and super easy to make! Perfect for a Super Bowl Party, or a fast dessert!
Servings: 7 Servings
- 1 package Athens mini fillo shells
- 8 ounces lemon curd
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/3 cup super fine sugar or granulated sugar
Fill shells with lemon curd. I did not measure, I just filled them to the top.
Beat egg whites in a glass bowl using a hand mixer.
When stiff peaks start to form, gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff 4 - 5 minutes.
Top lemon filled shells with the meringue mixture. Place on a metal baking sheet. Do not line the baking sheet, flames and parchment paper do not mix!
Using a blow torch, brown the tops of the pies. It takes about a minute to do all of them, keep the torch moving.
- If you need room temperature eggs in a hurry, put the eggs in a glass measuring cup and fill it with hot water. Set it on the counter for a couple of minutes, and they will be ready for you.
- I knew that the meringue was going to take up the majority of my 15 minutes, so I did not take the time to measure as I was filling the shells. I just used a regular spoon to fill the shells, and to top with the meringue.
- If you do not have a blow torch, go buy one…..no, I’m just kidding. You can place them under the broiler to brown. Watch them very closely, or they will burn.
- The lemon curd is a little bit thick, next time I will add a few teaspoons of Limoncello to thin it out or I will use Homemade Lemon Curd.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 15mg | Sugar: 29g