Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Stay warm and eat well with this healthy and delicious Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili that is loaded with flavor, but goes easy on the heat!
Prep Time13 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 13 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 30 ounces white beans 2) 15 ounce cans Cannellini or Great Northern
- 14.5 ounce can sweet corn
- 8 ounce can fire-roasted diced green chilies
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice about 1/2 a lime
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add the chicken stock, onion, beans, chiles, garlic, cumin, and cayenne. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and place on a large plate or platter. Shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker.
Add the cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with Greek yogurt, shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, avocado slices, or any of your favorite toppings.
- I have seen recipes that puree part of the beans to make a thicker, creamier chili. That is completely up to you.
- You can also add the sour cream/Greek yogurt to the whole batch to make it creamier if that is what you are going for.
- To kick up the heat add a fresh jalapeno or two with the onions and garlic, maybe even a Serrano pepper.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 1514mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 7mg