Jack Daniels Chili
Jack Daniels Chili with corn chips and a glass of whiskey will warm you up on the coldest of winter nights!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 8 ounces Jack Daniel's Whiskey*
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 15 ounce can organic red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can organic white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce can organic crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 - 2 Tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 Tablespoon organic brown sugar
- sour cream and shredded cheese optional
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
Add the ground beef and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
Stir in the cumin and chili powders.
Add tomatoes, beans, whiskey and brown sugar Stir to combine.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with sour cream / Greek yogurt and shredded cheese if desired.
- I always add sugar to recipes with canned tomatoes, it helps take the acidic edge off.
- *Jack Daniel's is a registered trademark. I have no affiliation with the company and I am not being paid to use their whiskey.
Calories: 612kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 1169mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 15.9mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 7.3mg