This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
I was welcomed back from California today by thunderstorms and chilly temperatures! Perfect weather for Jack Daniels Chili.....not so perfect weather for trick-or-treating. This is pretty much a remake of my Guinness Chili, but with a stronger, deeper flavor. It also carries a bigger kick.....a much bigger kick!
With the chilly, winter weather coming up I knew that I needed to have another chili recipe to whip up. Jack Daniel's seemed like a logical flavor choice. I have no idea why, it just sounded really good.....and it is!
How to make Jack Daniels Chili:
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
Add the ground beef and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
Stir in the cumin and chili powders.
Add the tomatoes, beans, whiskey, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with sour cream / Greek yogurt and shredded cheese if desired.
- This time around I decided to serve the chili with corn chips, but cornbread is a great choice as well.
- If you do not want to add whiskey to your chili, simply replace it with beef broth.
- If you don't want to use beef, simply use ground turkey instead. I am sure that it will still be quite delicious!
More delicious chili recipes:
- Guinness Beef Chili
- Instant Pot Chunky Beef Chili
- Easy Beef Chili - no beans
- Southwest Chili with Black Beans and Corn
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs
Jack Daniels Chili
- 1 ½ pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 8 ounces Jack Daniel's Whiskey*
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 15 ounce can organic red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can organic white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce can organic crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 - 2 Tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 Tablespoon organic brown sugar
- sour cream and shredded cheese optional
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the cumin and chili powders.
- Add tomatoes, beans, whiskey and brown sugar Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with sour cream / Greek yogurt and shredded cheese if desired.
- I always add sugar to recipes with canned tomatoes, it helps take the acidic edge off.
- *Jack Daniel's is a registered trademark. I have no affiliation with the company and I am not being paid to use their whiskey.