Korean BBQ Steak Tips
Korean BBQ Steak Tips served over stir-fry vegetables or steamed rice is the perfect Dinner for Two!
Prep Time18 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Marinate Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 26 mins
Servings: 2 Servings
Korean BBQ Marinade/Sauce
- 1 cup tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 large cloves garlic grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
- 10 ounces beef tenderloin or sirloin cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 medium bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3.5 ounces snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onions for garnish
Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade.
Pour the remaining marinade into a large zipper top bag over the beef steak tips.
Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the bag of steak tips on the counter and allow to come up to room temperature. Drain the steak tips and discard the marinade.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the vegetables and toss while cooking until crisp tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from skillet and set aside until ready to serve.
Heat the same cast iron skillet and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add the steak tips and sear on both sides, about a minute per side.
Place the skillet in the oven for 2 to 5 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reaches 125 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
Serve with stir-fry vegetables, Steamed Rice, Fried Rice or Cauliflower Rice and reserved sauce. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- I used Lakanto Maple Syrup (use code yummyhealthyketo15% for discount)
- I used 2 filet mignon steaks from ButcherBox, but you can use up to 1 pound of meat with this marinade/sauce recipe.
Calories: 850.84kcal | Carbohydrates: 78.36g | Protein: 48.59g | Fat: 39.09g | Saturated Fat: 7.37g | Cholesterol: 90.72mg | Sodium: 6625.21mg | Potassium: 1415.7mg | Fiber: 6.16g | Sugar: 57.26g | Vitamin A: 2785.36IU | Vitamin C: 160.79mg | Calcium: 246.3mg | Iron: 7.53mg