Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Make yourself a big batch of Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes at the beginning of the week, then reheat them just before serving!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 10 Servings
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup diced, red onion
- 4 large cloves garlic (peeled and smashed with a knife)
- 1/4 cup Garlic and Lemon Infused Olive Oil (or oil of your choice)
- sea salt and black pepper (to taste - see Notes for additional seasoning options)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil, parchment, or a silicone liner. Set aside.
Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Divide the potatoes between the two baking sheets. Add the chopped onions and garlic. Toss with olive oil* and season with salt and pepper**.
Roast the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. Use a thin, metal spatula to flip the potatoes and continue roasting until the potatoes are tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Serve immediately, or allow to cool completely on the baking sheets, then place in and airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- All oven are different, your cooking times may be different as well.
- White sweet potatoes, yams, even regular potatoes can be used in this recipe. Keep an eye on them!
- *I used Garlic and Lemon Infused Olive Oil on one batch. I used bacon grease from my Oven Baked Bacon (recipe coming soon) for the second batch.
- **To kick up the flavor a bit more add 3 teaspoons of Southwest Seasoning or Taco Seasoning to each tray, toss to combine.
- For a sweeter version, add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg. Drizzle with honey 15 minutes before pulling them out of the oven.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 623mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 25740IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.1mg