This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
The horrible weather we have been having this year, has me dreaming about moving back to Hawaii! The trade winds to cool you. The sweetest pineapples to tantalize your taste buds. Not to mention the Huli Huli Chicken and delicious Hawaiian Potato Salad to keep your tummy from grumbling. And of course the gorgeous views…..
I can just imagine sitting on the beach writing this post on my imaginary laptop while sipping a Mai Tai 🙂 When I dream, I dream big!
Just about every meal in Hawaii, is served with Hawaiian Potato Salad. Everyone has their own version, but one thing always remains the same. They always contain potatoes AND macaroni…..and peas!
The only part that I don’t like, is the pickles…so those are going to get left out of my version. 😉
How to make authentic hawaiian potato salad:
In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients, set aside.
Place the cooked potatoes, macaroni, diced eggs, carrots, peas, green onions, in a large bowl. Add the the dressing and gently stir to combine…..
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use…..
I cook my eggs with my diced potatoes to save a step, and a pan…
and the easiest way to dice hard boiled eggs, is with an egg slicer…..
Voila!!! This potato salad is so easy and a nice way to change things up. I guarantee that no one is going to be expecting macaroni in their potato salad!
more delicious Hawaiian recipes:
Steamed Rice – aka Sticky Rice
Cauliflower Rice – for Whole30, Paleo and Keto
Komo i ka!!
Hawaiian Potato Salad
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes peeled, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup shell macaroni cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 sweet pickles coarsely chopped, optional
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Place the cooked potatoes, macaroni, diced eggs, carrots, peas, green onions, in a large bowl.
- Add the the dressing and gently stir to combine.
- I cook my eggs with my diced potatoes to save a step, and a pan.
- The easiest way to dice hard boiled eggs, is with an egg slicer.