This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on September 9, 2019 by Lisa Johnson
These blueberry sweet rolls are absolutely amazing, and the lemon glaze makes them pure heaven! I love making cinnamon rolls, but I have never made sweet rolls with a fruit filling before….crazy right? What is wrong with me you’re wondering? Well now I can say that I have! 🙂 Seriously, they are that good. Just look at all of the blueberry yumminess…..
To be honest, I wasn’t even planning on make these rolls…they just sort of happened.I was planning on making Julie’s “thisgalcooks” Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins, but forgot to buy one of the ingredients. Next thing I know, the bread machine is coming out and I am making sweet dough. I am so glad that I did!!! I do believe you will be seeing all different kinds of sweet rolls popping up on the blog in the future…..and I’m pretty sure that you won’t mind 🙂
How to make Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Lemon Glaze:
As always, I start by pouring the water, milk, butter, egg into the pan of my trusty bread machine…..
Next pour in the sugar, salt, flour, and yeast…..
Place into the bread machine, set to the DOUGH cycle and wait. 😉
When the dough is ready, roll out on a well floured work surface into a 15 x 18 inch rectangle…..
Spread the blueberry preserves on the dough…..
If you have never made Blueberry Preserves, you have to try this recipe. It was so easy, and absolutely delicious!
Roll the dough, lengthwise…..
Slice into (12) 1 1/2-inch slices and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray…..
Cover with a dish towel and set aside to double, about an hour…..
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
In my mind, blueberry and lemon go hand in hand. I used Simply Organic’s Lemon Flavor for the glaze. It is strong and flavorful, and does not taste fake! No one wants food that tastes like Pledge 😉
Mix powdered sugar, extract, and milk together in a small bowl and pour over baked sweet rolls…..
More delicious sweet roll recipes:
Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Lemon Glaze
For the Rolls
- ½ cup hot water
- ¾ cups warm milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter very soft or melted
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons instant yeast
- ½ cup blueberry preserves
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon organic lemon flavoring
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons milk I use cashew or coconut
- Place hot water, warm milk, softened butter, egg, and sugar in the pan of your bread machine.
- Add the salt and flour. Make a well in the center of the flour.
- Add yeast to center of flour. Place in bread machine and set to "dough" cycle.
- Remove dough from machine once it has completely risen. Depending on temperatures, it may take longer than the actual cycle.
- Place dough on a flour covered work surface.
- Roll dough into a 15" x 18" rectangle.
- Spread blueberry preserves over the dough.
- Start rolling dough from the left (long side) to the right. You will need to lift as you roll, or all of your filling will be pushed out.
- Slice into 12 - 1 1/2" slices.
- Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray, or buttered.
- Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, about an hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked thru in the center.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Add additional milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over rolls in the pan.