This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Who is ready for back to school? Early mornings, busy evenings…hungry families! Well this Chicken Teriyaki is the perfect meal for those crazy nights. Tender chicken breasts, lots of green veggies, tossed together with teriyaki sauce and served over a bed of brown rice…or white rice if you prefer…..
Dare I say that this is also a healthy meal? Shhh, don’t tell the kids.
How to make Chicken Teriyaki:
Start by cooking your rice.
While the rice is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the oil.
Add the chicken strips and cook until they are about halfway cooked through. In a small bowl, mix the chili garlic paste, green onions, and ginger together. Add to the cooked chicken. Toss to coat…..
Add the bok choy, broccoli, beans, onion, and snap peas…..
Stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 7 minutes…..
Add the teriyaki sauce and toss to to combine. Cook until sauce is heated and mixture is well coated.
Divide the rice between 4 plates or bowls. Top with the Chicken Teriyaki…..
Drizzle with additional teriyaki sauce, if desired, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. YUM!!
Cooking time does not include the rice since everyone will have their own preference of variety and cooking techniques.
This is Bok Choy…..
I really should find my ruler, because those slices are not 1/4-inch….you want yours thinner than mine. Aim for bite sized pieces and you’ll be fine. 😉
You can use Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, or your favorite store bought in this recipe.
More Asian inspired recipes:
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Bowls with grilled pineapple
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions chopped (white parts only)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic chili paste
- 2 heads baby bok choy sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 ounces green beans cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 ounces snap peas ends trimmed
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce plus more for serving
- Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the oil.
- Add the chicken strips and cook until halfway cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix the chili garlic paste, green onions, and ginger together. Add to the cooked chicken. Toss to coat.
- Add the bok choy, broccoli, beans, onion, and snap peas. Stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and toss to to combine. Cook until sauce is heated and mixture is well coated.
- Divide rice between 4 plates or bowls. Top with Chicken Teriyaki.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.