This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is in a few days? This time of year always seems to fly by so fast! Well my FeastNDevour friends and I are back this month with a collection of delicious Sweet Potato recipes that will be perfect to serve along with your holiday meal. I decided to change things up a bit and create Candied Sweet Potato Stacks…..
I used my Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe as a starting off point, and then went crazy. These Candied Sweet Potato Stacks are a fun twist on everyone’s favorite holiday side dish, and guaranteed to impress your guests! If you don’t like marshmallows, just leave them off…..
I made half with and half without in an attempt to make everyone happy. 🙂
How to make Candied Sweet Potato Stacks:
I did not use any fancy equipment to slice my sweet potatoes, just a sharp knife. Feel free to use a mandolin if you have one…..
I grabbed 3 medium sweet potatoes, which ended up weighing just under 2 pounds…..
a little higher or lower than 2 pounds is not going hurt anything. 😉
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon…..
Add the sweet potato slices and gently toss to combine…..
Stack slices in each muffin cup, about 5 to 7 high…..
Sprinkle with chopped pecans…..
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, until tender…..
If adding the marshmallows – remove the foil and place 3 or 4 mini marshmallows on top of potato stacks. Place muffin pan under the broiler for 45 to 60 seconds until toasted…..
Scoop out each candied sweet potato stack and serve immediately…..
Yummy, yummy in your tummy!! There is just something about sweet potatoes that are coated in sugar and topped with toasted marshmallows, lol They are a special treat for the holidays, but would also be awesome served along side any meal…any time of the year!
More delicious Sweet Potato recipes:
Coconut Sweet Potato Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon
Baked Sweet Potato Donuts from I Heart Eating
Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls from Kleinworth & Co.
Candied Sweet Potato Stacks from Cooking with Curls
Cranberry Sweet Potato Casserole from Home.Made.Interest.
Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from The Creative Bite
Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes from Liz on Call
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday full of laughter and great food. 🙂
Candied Sweet Potato Stacks
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes about 2 pounds (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- mini marshmallows optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Add the sweet potato slices and gently toss to combine.
- Stack slices in each muffin cup, about 5 or 6 high.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, until tender.
- If adding the marshmallows - remove the foil and place 3 or 4 mini marshmallows on top of potato stacks.
- Place muffin pan under the broiler for 45 to 60 seconds until toasted.
- Scoop out each candied sweet potato stack and serve immediately.